Hi, My name is Molly and this is my blog; Beaute Beads. Here you can follow me on my journey as I learn and develop new jewellery manufacturing skills. I began making jewellery from beads at a very young age. As I grew older I became more curious in the endless possiblities of Jewellery Design. I am studing an Advance Diploma of Jewellery Design. I have been introduced and have commenced using Silversmithing processes, general use of precious and non precious metals, casting, gem setting, bezel making, shaping, annealing, soldering, inlay, burring, texturing. You can expect more learned techniques and visions of my progress in the future to come.

Details For Purchases

Payment Options:

- PayPal

- Direct Debit (Australian Buyers)

I accept either of these methods of payment.

Email me at: beautebeads@gmail.com if you would like to purchase.

Tell me what item/s you want to buy, what country/state you are located.

I will quote you on postage and calculate total cost of items and postage and exchange either my PayPal email address or bank account details for your postage address.

When you receive your purchase please leave feedback on the Buyer Feedback page.




Thank you for buying at Beaute Beads!

There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Finished Topaz Siver Ring & Other Projects

Hello,
hope all has been well for you!

I have just finished up my very first semester of my Advance Diploma of Jewellery Design course!
I have had a brilliant time so far!
It is labelled; the Jewellery Construction Workshop I have the privilege of working in; is the best of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere!
I have been given 3 weeks holidays which I am hoping will fly so I can get back to the workshop!
My Mystic Topaz Silver Cuttlefish Textured Ring is finished! In one of my previous posts I shared with you the state of its construction; The ring, bezel and topaz had not been put together at that stage.
This was one of my assessments!

My finished Mystic Topaz/ Cuttlefish Textured Silver Ring:

I also recently completed another assessment which required me to use at least one technique of texturizing metal. Prior to be given this assessment I had practiced pressing lace into metal in a rolling press. Revealing a new surface in the metal, displaying the lace patterning. I had to anneal the metal (I used Copper) before hand to allow the metal to be soft enough for the pattern to imprint in its surface.
However with my new fascination of the cuttlefish texture, I decided to cast again in cuttlefish bone. This time I made a heart pendant casting! Which revealed the texture of the cuttlefish bone chambers superbly! This one has actually been sold! However I plan to make many more of same, similar and various designs. I used Sterling Silver (0.925) to make the heart pendant.

Also I have been given a custom order request! Which entails a Australian 10cent piece sized heart, which was requested to also be casted in cuttlefish bone! This picture is of my progress so far! After the holidays I will finish cleaning it up, give it a good tumble polish and attach a Sterling Silver chain to it.


Here are some images of my cuttlefish heart pendant in progress and its completed stage.

The carved Cuttlefish bone prepared for casting:

 
Post-casting and overall clean up:


After further clean up and attachment of jump-rings and chain:


 
After final polishing (completed):
 
 Thank you for reading!
*~Molly~*
Reactions:

0 comments :

Post a Comment